[LLVMdev] GlobalsModRef (and thus LTO) is completely broken

Michael Zolotukhin mzolotukhin at apple.com
Fri Jul 17 11:57:07 PDT 2015

FWIW, I ran SPEC2006 on ARM64 and didn’t observe any performance changes beyond the noise level.

The configuration was O3/PGO/LTO. ‘Reference' compiler was trunk r242173, ‘experimental’ compiler was the same compiler with commented out line
PM.add(createGlobalsModRefPass()); // IP alias analysis.
in file lib/Transforms/IPO/PassManagerBuilder.cpp

Michael