[LLVMdev] New linker ownership

Rui Ueyama ruiu at google.com
Wed Jul 15 17:30:39 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Lang Hames <lhames at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rui,
>
> > so I'd like to be an owner of the new linkers (both for ELF and COFF),
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> Do you mind if I add myself as a code owner for LLD Core / MachO, since
> I'll be continuing to work on that?

I'm not very familiar with convention in LLVM, but my understanding is that
one needs to became an effective owner by driving development of a project
before becoming an official owner, so in that sense you may want to act
like an owner and then wait for people to start thinking that you
effectively own that portion of the source code?