[LLVMdev] [Shrink-Wrapping] Request For Benchmarking: X86 and AArch64

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Jul 15 10:30:31 PDT 2015

On 15 July 2015 at 18:01, Quentin Colombet <qcolombet at apple.com> wrote:
> Strange.
>
> I haven’t seen that big swings and the overall performance difference was in the noise but better.
> Would you mind looking closer to the diff and file a PR or gave me the command line to reproduce?

Hi Quentin,

I'm still trying to make sense of the results, and I believe that has
to do with not using perf to get the timings, as the noise increases
considerably. Unfortunately, my kernel is a bit on the old side and
manually compiled a long time ago. I wouldn't hold your commit because
of that, as it was within expected ranges anyway.

If I can spot anything bad later, I'll fill a new bug and we can look
at it. Shrink wrapping is an optimisation I wanted, so let's just get
that that in. :)

cheers,
--renato