[LLVMdev] [Clang] Reasons for lack of -fsingle-precision-constant support? Alternatives?

ed at modk.it ed at modk.it
Wed Jul 15 09:08:32 PDT 2015

Thanks for the response.  If we add the support would you accept the
patch?  Seems like a pretty straightforward flag since it maps directly to
NumericLiteralParser::NumericLiteralParser within LiteralSupport.cpp.  I
understand the maintenance concern with flags that affect multiple points
in code though.

Still trying to get the bottom of why we're crashing with double floating
point literal.  It seems the fpu in question (fpv4-sp-d16) only supports 32
bit operations so this is somehow getting passed to a software wrapper and
crashing there.  But to be fair this was crashing in gcc too which is why
we added the -fsingle-precision-constant flag since we didn't care about
the precision of the constants and we're using floats everywhere anyway for
performance.