[LLVMdev] How to configure the functionPass manager to omit some functions in a module input?

John Criswell jtcriswel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 15:06:43 PDT 2015

Dear Shen,

This isn't sufficient information to help you fix your problem. Is
@const_expr a function, and LLVM constant expression, or something
else?  If it's a function, did you verify that it has a body (i.e., it's
not a function declaration)?

Regards,

John Criswell

On 7/14/15 4:41 PM, Shen Liu wrote:
> Hi all, now I am using LLVM to draw a program dependence graph. In my
> ModulePass I hope to omit some special functions like "main" and only
> run some special functions.
>
> For example, as shown in the following dump result, how can i
> selectively omit function "@const_expr" in the input module? Is there
> a general way to run some function only but omit others?  Thanks!
>

> |Stack dump:
> 0.  Program arguments: opt --load mypass.so -mypass --debug-pass=Structure
> 1.  Running pass 'Function Pass Manager' on module '<stdin>'.
> 2.  Running pass 'My test analysis' on function '@const_expr'
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)|

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell