[LLVMdev] TSFlags

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Fri Jul 10 07:54:31 PDT 2015

On 7/10/2015 9:32 AM, Sky Flyer wrote:

> I wan to ask, what is exactly the purpose of TSFlags and can it be used
> for the condition handling in instructions?
> How can I implement the conditions in the instruction when I don't have
> access to the Status Register?

These are target-specific flags that are then stored in the instruction
descriptor.  You can use them to encode various properties of the
instruction that are of interest to your target.

I'm not sure what you mean about condition handling, but TSFlags are
"static" in the sense that for a given opcode they remain fixed
throughout compilation.  For conditional instructions you can have a
flag there that says that the instruction is conditional, but any
variable characteristics must be encoded in other ways.

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation