[LLVMdev] Windows interface for clang

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:51:37 PDT 2015

I've finally developed what I think is a general solution to the problem of
building existing Windows programs with clang:

https://github.com/russellw/wic

Using this, I've managed to run attempted builds of Python, Ruby and Perl.

Python 2.7 works - it generates a python.exe that at least passes a
preliminary smoke test.

Perl generates an executable that crashes partway through the build. I'll
try to narrow it down further.

Ruby fails with an error message at the configuration step. I'm trying to
find out why; it might be something easily fixable.