[LLVMdev] MCInstrInfo::hasDefOfPhysReg() now private?

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 3 03:23:37 PDT 2015

Hi,

In updating an external project to LLVM head, I’m getting compilation failures because MCInstrInfo::hasDefOfPhysReg() has been marked private (we use this to determine the register that an instruction is updating when reconstructing machine state from a stream trace).  This appears to have been done in r237478.  The commit message is:

> Move some methods to a new MCInstrDesc.cpp file to allow includes to be trimmed.  NFC.
>
> MCInstrDesc.h includes things like MCInst.h which i can now remove after this.  That will be a future commit.

I therefore assume that this was unintentional.  Would anyone object to it being made public again?

David