[LLVMdev] MIScheduler + AA: Missed scheduling opportunity in MIsNeedChainEdge. Bug?

Johnson, Nicholas Paul Nicholas.Paul.Johnson at DEShawResearch.com
Wed Jul 1 13:56:54 PDT 2015

Thank you, Patrick, for your reply.

>Here your target could override areMemAcdessesTriviallyDisjoint() function to make it work, at least for the example you gave.

If possible, I would prefer to use all of the algorithms already implemented in under the AliasAnalysis interface, rather than re-implement them in areMemAccessesTriviallyDisjoint.

The example demonstrates that the undesired behavior is reachable, but was not meant to exhaustively list all situations that trigger the problem.

Nick Johnson
D. E. Shaw Research