[LLVMdev] IR extension proposal: bitset constants

JF Bastien jfb at google.com
Sat Jan 31 11:35:01 PST 2015

Trying to summarize all opinions expressed here: Peter is proposing an
initial implementation that would only work with LTO. Folks seem put off by
this implementation affecting IR without having proven itself, and having
shortcomings (as Jim pointed out). Kostya proposed going through metadata
(and Chris kind of did too by mentioning tbaa), but Peter points out that
this will make the implementation trickier.

It sounds like going through metadata for the LTO-only proof-of-concept
would be preferable, even if more complex. Peter, how more complex would
that be?

As an interested user of this I'm happy with LTO, and I can help with the
reviews of the code.