[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] [RFC] Raising LLVM minimum required MSVC version to 2013 for trunk

Chris Bieneman cbieneman at apple.com
Fri Jan 30 15:51:47 PST 2015

+Alex Bradbury

Sounds to me like we have no known users still on VS 2012.

So, how about we plan to move forward again with Chandler’s proposal for making this transition. For those who don’t want to dig through to the beginning here’s the basic plan:

1) Loop in cfe-dev and lldb-dev (Done!)
2) Wait until this email fully circulates in digests and LLVM Weekly so that everyone who has an objection can voice it
3) If there are no objections, Commit a change to the CMake build which errors on old MSVC versions
4) Revert and fix buildbots
5) Repeat 3 & 4 until no issues
6) Once the change is live for a week with no issues, update the documentation to reflect the minimum required MSVC version as 2013

Alex, can you please make sure that this plan makes it into the next LLVM Weekly? If there are no objections this time I will update CMake files a few days after the LLVM Weekly goes out.

Thanks Greg and Aaron for keeping this thread going.

-Chris