[LLVMdev] unwind's permanent residence

Saleem Abdulrasool compnerd at compnerd.org
Fri Jan 30 15:10:39 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>
wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2015 21:24, "Saleem Abdulrasool" <compnerd at compnerd.org> wrote:
> > The library is agnostic of the unwinder, the driver is who cares (as it
> needs to generate the linker invocation).  I think that adding a flag to
> control that similar to -rtlib is probably what we may have to do then.
>
> What about the default unwinder for Compiler-RT? Should we assume our own?
> Gcc's? Assuming nothing will break compilation, since the libraries won't
> be available...

I think that assuming libunwind by default is the better choice.  Assuming
that GCC is installed is an odd assumption (I don't see anywhere in the
docs that in order to use clang, you *must* have gcc installed in the
standard location).  Users can easily change the default behaviour with the
flag if they desire.

--
Saleem Abdulrasool
compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org