[LLVMdev] prevent frontend from emitting i64

Ruiling Song ruiling.song83 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:41:43 PST 2015

LLVM contains some optimization pass that will generate instructions
operate on i64 or even i128 and more. The upstream backend utilize the
legalize stage that can break it into instructions with smaller integer
types if the target machine does not support that large integer type. There
seems no way to prevent clang generate i64 instruction. Are you developing
a new backend?