[LLVMdev] Building clang/llvm without libstdc++ or GPLv3 tools/libraries

Jonathan Roelofs jroelofs.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 06:39:08 PST 2015

On 1/28/15 4:57 AM, Oza, Hiral wrote:
> Thank Ismail for quick reply.
>
> I read that Linux, we need to build...
>   (1) libcxx (without libcxxabi) ==> done
> (2) build libcxxabi ==> failing with following error
What's the error?
> (3) and then re-build libcxx
I don't think you need to build & rebuild libcxx. The correct order is:

   1) build libcxxabi
   2) build libcxx
   3) test libcxxabi
   4) test libcxx

This is because of some unfortunate layering violations in libcxxabi,
where it depends on the c++ library's headers.  Also, the libcxxabi
tests depend on libcxx being built.

Cheers,

Jon

--