[LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Tue Jan 27 16:08:08 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 15/01/2015 05:44, Hans Wennborg wrote:
>> Hi testers!
>>
>> 3.6.0-rc1 was just tagged, so testing can begin.
>>
>> I'm not super familiar with the testing script yet, but I believe the
>> idea is to run it as follows:
>>
>>   $ utils/release/test-release.sh -release 3.6.0 -rc 1 -triple
>> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>
>> With the -triple value substituted for your platform. Bill's 3.5rc1
>> email also said 'test-suite' needs to be run by hand.
>>
>> Please upload binaries to the sftp and report your results to this thread.
>>
> I uploaded in Debian 3.6rc1.

I couldn't find anything on the sftp. Did you upload somewhere else?

> Most of the archs are fine beside kfreebsd.
> I had to write some patches to make it build (I will see to forward them).

Are the patches for kfreebsd, or for building in general? It would be
nice if we could get them in before tagging rc2.

> David and I did a rebuild of the whole Debian archive using clang 3.6rc1:
> http://clang.debian.net/status.php?version=3.6.0rc1
>
> It didn't show any regressions compared to 3.5. There are a few more
> failures but nothing critical: 5.7 % of failure with 3.5, 5.9% with 3.6
>
> I found two new kind of failures:
> http://clang.debian.net/status.php?version=3.6.0rc1&key=KEYWORD_PRECEDE

This wording was added in
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?rev=221630&view=rev (which is new
in 3.6). But IIUC, we rejected the code before too, but probably with
a less nice message.

> http://clang.debian.net/status.php?version=3.6.0rc1&key=INCORRECT_CONVERSION

Looks like good finds :-)

Thank you very much for testing!