[LLVMdev] Embedding cpu and feature strings into IR and enabling switching subtarget on a per function basis

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue Jan 27 00:31:19 PST 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 9:53 PM, Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As I said in my first email perhaps the TTI->FTTI transition is a good
> place to start working here without having to worry much about redoing huge
> swaths of llvm.

FWIW, TTI is next on my hit list for porting to the new pass manager. In
order to work in that world, the entire thing needs to be simplified to not
be an analysis group and it needs to be split into per-module TTI and
per-function TTI. I'm working on this *right now*, but let me know if there
is some other change you would like to see incorporated into this.