[LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Jan 26 05:41:04 PST 2015

On 21 January 2015 at 14:44, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> I'll bootstrap it with CMake and see what I get. Shouldn't we be
> moving to CMake based release anyway?

Hans,

CODE RED for ARMv7...

The buildbots are green on self-hosting because they're building with
-mfpu=vfpv3 and not NEON. When I bootstrapped the release, I was using
NEON and that's what killed it. We have a test-suite buildbot running
with NEON, but that wasn't enough to pick up the regression, as it
seemed only Clang was complex enough to show it.

Result: we have a serious code-generation problem with NEON and I have
no idea where it is... at least I know that it's after 3.5 and before
3.6 branch.

I'll start a bissect between 3.5 and 3.6, but given that this is a
self-hosting issue on an ARMv7 board, it could take days.

I don't want to delay the release even further, and I believe none of
the RC1 patches will make a difference, so Hans, please continue with
RC2 and I'll pick it up when I finish. Hopefully, I'll find the bug
before final.

Fingers crossed...

cheers,
--renato

PS: I'll add a slow self-hosting full buildbot with Thumb2+NEON to
cover the other bases we're not covering, and hopefully that'll help
with this issue in the future.