[LLVMdev] GCMetadataPrinter::finishAssembly called twice

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Sun Jan 25 21:43:31 PST 2015

On 01/25/2015 03:42 AM, Manuel Jacob wrote:
> Hello Philip,
>
> it seems like r226311 [1] introduced a bug which causes
> finishAssembly() to be called multiple times, even if there is only
> one strategy.  For each function, GCModuleInfo::getFunctionInfo() adds
> the strategy to the StrategyList instance variable.
> AsmPrinter::doFinalization() calls finishAssembly() for each strategy
> in this list.
>
> -Manuel
>
> [1] http://reviews.llvm.org/rL226311
You're absolutely right.  That's a bug.  Odd that none of the unit tests
caught that.

I'm actually going to end up reverting most of that change for a
different reason.  I've already got the change ready to commit and plan
on doing it first thing in the morning.  I'll try to make sure I fix
this issue in that change as well.

Sorry for the breakage and thanks for the bug report.

Philip