[LLVMdev] X86TargetLowering::LowerToBT

Sanjay Patel spatel at rotateright.com
Fri Jan 23 08:57:17 PST 2015

Full icc code sequence (for the 32-bit case):
        xorl      %eax, %eax
        movl      $1, %edx
        btl       %esi, %edi
        cmovc     %edx, %eax
        ret

Chris's code example is actually returning the result, so no 'test' or 'bt'
in the constant mask case:

unsigned int IsBitSetA_32(unsigned int val) { return (val & (1U<<25)) !=
0U; }

        andl      $33554432, %edi
        shrl      $25, %edi
        movl      %edi, %eax