[LLVMdev] LIT Verbose

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Jan 22 03:36:51 PST 2015

On 23 December 2014 at 11:56, Daniel Sanders <Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com> wrote:
> I've looked at it a bit more and an updated ninja is part of it. You also
> need build.ninja to contain 'pool = console' on the lit rules. I added it
> manually to try it out but presumably a cmake update is needed to add this
> automatically.

Hi Daniel,

So, I got back looking at it, and I have a question.

It seems that CMake only added support for creating ninja pools in the
3.0 version, while most arches use 2.8 or less. But worse, it seems,
that CMake only understands numeric pools, so far, ruling out the
console pool.

I'm not sure we would be able to add the console pool to the lit rules
from CMake, and I don't want to add an extra step on all CMake builds,
but I could do so on the buildbot (some smart sed one-liners on the
rules.ninja file).

Do you know of any alternative? If not, I may have to do that... :/

cheers,
--renato