[LLVMdev] How to contact LLVM admins?

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:15:41 PST 2015

Below is a copy of the email I sent to llvm-admin.  If it is lost in
the ether, can you reply on this thread?  There's an LLD contributor
looking to add an ARMv7 backend.  It's a significant contribution so
I'd like to land the patch under the correct author.

Hi LLVM admins,

I'd like to commit patches on behalf of others, but I'm not
comfortable simply adding "Patch by <name>" to the log message.  When
people use "git blame", they will see my name instead of the original
author.

We can fix this by adding the '--use-log-author' flag anywhere the git
mirror currently invokes "git svn fetch".  This will cause git-svn to
look for the text "From: <email>" in the commit message and use it to
set the Author field in the git commit.  Committers can set the "From:
<email>" text by hand or by using '--add-author-from' when invoking
"git svn dcommit".

Could someone please upgrade git-svn to a version supporting this flag
and update the git mirrors to call "git svn --use-log-author fetch"?

Thanks,
Greg