[LLVMdev] Howdy + GIT

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:36:12 PST 2015

> Well, if someone send a patch using “git show” instead of “git format-patch”, just ask to resend ?

And if they're using svn? Or arc (I don't actually care what it does though)?

> It seems someone did it for you "PHP has come standard with Macs since OS X version 10.0.0"

I only use OS X at work, where I'd have to get arc from source. Again,
I simply don't think whatever web interface we (sometimes) use should
be dictating our command-line tools.

> I am not sure how to determined what is or is not a standard tool...

arc is non-standard. It uses PHP; it's not even in MacPorts for when I
am at work. I would vigorously oppose any recommendation to use its
command-line tool as standard LLVM practice.

As I said, I'm fine with that crap happening on a web-server someone
else has to administer. I'm not fine with having to deal with it
myself.

Tim.