[LLVMdev] New JIT APIs

Lang Hames lhames at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:11:00 PST 2015

> p.s. I don't think we know what the "right" interface is for the JIT yet.

Orc was actually motivated in part by this. Having compassable components
makes it much easier for clients to experiment with different JIT API
designs, as well as new features. Hopefully any helpful lessons learned can
be fed back into the tree.

Again - keeping the existing MCJIT API is a fundamental requirement for the
foreseeable future*.

- Lang.

* The caveat, which I mentioned in a previous message, is that I'm happy to
discuss replacing the *implementation* of MCJIT with MCJITReplacement
if/when clients are satisfied that the latter provides full feature and
performance parity and compatible behavior. Such a discussion is premature
though.