[LLVMdev] LTO support on Mac

Rahman Lavaee r.lavaee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 14:43:52 PST 2015

Hi,
I'm building LLVM on Mac OS 10.10 and I'm having trouble making LTO work.
The system linker dumps the following information when I executed "ld -v"

@(#)PROGRAM:ld  PROJECT:ld64-241.9
configured to support archs: armv6 armv7 armv7s arm64 i386 x86_64 x86_64h
armv6m armv7m armv7em
LTO support using: LLVM version 3.4.2

which tells me that it is correctly pointing to the LLVM that I have built.
However, when I pass any LTO command line arguments like "disable-inling"
it complains.

I was previously working on Linux and the gold plugin makes it very
convenient. However, that plugin only handles ELF assembly and I can't
install it on Mac.

Any idea what is wrong?

--
Rahman