[LLVMdev] intrinsic function which takes vec 3 parameters

cheng-chih yang chad.yang at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 15:07:02 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm running into issues when trying to implement an intrinsic function
which takes a vec 3 parameter and does not return anything(e.g. v3i32):

void @intrinsic_3d(<3 x i32>)

 I've tried the following:

1) Adding setOperationAction() to custom handle it
- There's no built-in MVT enum for this type
- Not sure if I want to do this for all other intrinsic functions, since I
can only specify for ISD::INTRINSIC_VOID here?

2) In my target's intrinsic.td file, I declare the intrinsic as taking a
"llvm_anyvector_ty" parameter, but it still complains about "lookupName
Error ..." for some reason. Tried a few other candidates, none of those
seemed to work.

3) Or just do the patching at the IR level?

I think this must have been discussed before, as I found an old thread on
this  - http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2012-March/047996.html.
But I'm not sure what the resolution for this. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
- Chad