[LLVMdev] should AlwaysInliner inline this case?

Pete Cooper peter_cooper at apple.com
Mon Jan 5 06:06:46 PST 2015

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 5, 2015, at 7:50 AM, Liu Xin <navy.xliu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi, Pete,
>
> I understand InstCombine may simplify bitcast to nothing, but the order matters. AlwaysInliner happens in very early stage, and we never call it again. if InstCombine works, can we invoke it before Inliner?
I don't know the order for sure, but I know instcombine runs a few times so probably one of those is before alwaysinline.

Arguably, if the pass order is an issue, I'd be fine with making the code David found be a utility that the inliner can call. Not sure if anyone else thinks that's out of scope for the inliner, but I like the idea of it being able to make a call more inlinable.

Thanks
Pete