[LLVMdev] Writing my own debugger... use __builtin_frame_address or is there something better?

Theodore H. Smith theo at elfdata.com
Sun Jan 4 09:34:55 PST 2015

> On 4 Jan 2015, at 16:44, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.de> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 03:02:30PM +0000, John Smith wrote:
>> "all I need is the ability to get the current variables off the current
>> function...
>
> Finding the functions on the stack is easy. Finding which auto variables
> are where is *much* harder.

That explains why I couldn't find anything.

I was hoping there might be an LLVM compiler switch to say "allocate these variables in a linear straightforward fashion"...

If theres no such switch then... what is considered the "right approach with LLVM" to creating your own debugger?

Or anything that helps with my original question.