[LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] Release Candidate 2 available

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Feb 27 02:33:50 PST 2015

> In conclusion:
> Why are people using Git disadvantaged?
Short answer: because of git-svn and differences between what is a tag
in git and svn.

Long answer: git-svn never created proper git tags. Instead, it
converted svn tags to branches (because technically branches and tags
are same in svn). These branches were orphan and not usable for bunch
of things (I believe Takumi can provide a lot of of examples).
Therefore they were omitted from git mirror. Even more, we're using
the tagging scheme with release candidates and final  which is
incompatible with the way git-svn expects the stuff.

Therefore we decided to keep release branches only in the mirror.

> For now I waited for official tarballs.
You can always pull from release branches

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov