[LLVMdev] Should we add noduplicate attribute on the function which contains a noduplicate function call?

Yi-Hong Lyu b95705030 at ntu.edu.tw
Thu Feb 26 14:18:32 PST 2015

Hello,

According to the previous conclusion, LLVM's noduplicate attribute is not
semantically equivalent to OpenCL barriers. I am wondering whether it would
be an potential issue for Clang to translate OpenCL to SPIR. If so, is it
valuable to develop a specific LLVM pass that 'marked the transitive
closure of callers of a noduplicate function as noduplicate' and push it
into the mainline?

Thanks.