[LLVMdev] [RFC] Raise minimum required CMake version to 3.0

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Wed Feb 25 09:55:00 PST 2015

How are such libraries usually built?  Do they link against specific .a or
.lib files, or do they link against all generated .a and .libs?  If the
latter, then an object file build could just spit out a single mega archive
at the end (by generating 1 static library which includes all object
libraries).  If it's the former, and maintaining that is important, then
the object library build could just be separate (similar to how we have
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS we could have BUILD_OBJECT_LIBS).  And that may or may
not be the default build configuration.  Anyway, seems like a discussion
for a separate thread, just wanted to throw this feature out there since
most people don't know about it and it's pretty useful.