[LLVMdev] LLVM parallel annotations

Herbert Jordan herbert at dps.uibk.ac.at
Wed Feb 25 04:52:33 PST 2015

Hi Lef,

my name is Herbert and I'm the designer of INSPIRE.

With INSPIRE we could establish a unified model for all kind of parallel
interfaces, similar to the objectives you are targeting with your work.
Yet, our IR is based on a high-level IR for various other reasons.
Nevertheless, I guess the general parallel concepts should be adaptable
to LLVM as well.

In addition to the paper you cited, our IR constructs and in particular
its parallel primitives are covered in fare more detail by this thesis
[1<http://www.dps.uibk.ac.at/~csaf7445/pub/phd_thesis_jordan.pdf>].

In case you have any questions, or you'd like to discuss design
decisions we made for our IR, I'm glad to provide answers and/or
contributions to upcoming discussions.

Cheers,
Herbert