[LLVMdev] [RFC] Raise minimum required CMake version to 3.0

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Tue Feb 24 08:45:10 PST 2015

On 09.02.2015 20:12, Chris Bieneman wrote:
> It came up on another thread that our current minimum required CMake version 2.8.8, has some bugs that cause issues when building with MSVC + Ninja, and one potential solution was to raise the minimum required version of CMake.
>
> CMake 3.0 is now 6 months old and CMake 3.1 has been released. I would like to propose moving our minimum required CMake version to 3.0.
>
> I’ve attached patches to enforce the change in case anyone wants to test it out.
>
> Thoughts/comments/concerns/objections?

Hi Chris,

this update broke my cmake LLVM+Polly buildbot (to my knowledge most
other bots use autoconf). I reverted this temporarily to avoid the
buildbot noise (this comes a little late, as I was traveling the last days).

The buildbot is based on the latest debian stable (wheezy), which comes
with cmake 2.8.9. Is 2.8.9 enough to fix the bug?

Also, could we just limit the cmake version on windows builds? In the
end on linux cmake 2.8.9 works great.

Cheers,
Tobias