[LLVMdev] Jump Theading/GVN bug - moving discussion to llvm-dev

Sanjoy Das sanjoy at playingwithpointers.com
Mon Feb 23 22:51:17 PST 2015

Is it fair (and correct) to say that the main issue with unreachable
code is this:  if we allow unreachable code then the dom tree is no
longer a tree, it can have components (disconnected from the root)
that are cycles.  So no pass that wants to just work with unreachable
code can depend on the dom tree actually being a tree.

Or are there more fundamental issues (I realize the dom tree not being
a tree is rather fundamental itself)?

-- Sanjoy