[LLVMdev] Jump Theading/GVN bug - moving discussion to llvm-dev

Romanova, Katya Katya_Romanova at playstation.sony.com
Mon Feb 23 13:04:43 PST 2015

Hello,
I encountered a problem triggered by Jump-Threading optimization.  This pass is creating an unreachable block with an instruction that is not well formed, which then causes the subsequent GVN pass to enter an infinite loop.

I have submitted a bug report and proposed fix to llvm-commits. This bug opened a can of worms. I was asked to move the discussion to llvm-dev to reach for a wider audience.

>> Can we move the general discussion to llvm-dev?  This probably warrants a wider audience.

Here is the original post and a couple of replies from last week:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20150216/261330.html

Here is a thread of replies from today:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20150223/261463.html

Katya.