[LLVMdev] LLVM based tainted flow analysis

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira pronesto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 07:27:49 PST 2015

Dear LLVMers,

    we have put on-line a tainted flow analysis tool based on LLVM. In
other words, we find, in the program's dependence graph, if there is a
path between a source of information and a consumer. The analysis is
interprocedural. So far, we have used our tool, FlowTracker, to find
address leaks in LLVM bytecodes. Now, we are using it to uncover
time-based side channels in the implementation of crypto algorithms.
At this point, we are looking for more users, to either points us out
bugs in the tool, or to suggest improvements. Benchmarks are also
welcome.

    The link to the tool is here: http://cuda.dcc.ufmg.br/flowtracker/
The main developer is Bruno Rodrigues <brunors172 at gmail.com>. Our page
is based on the old LLVM demo page.