[LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] Time to fix the release notes

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Wed Feb 18 16:34:29 PST 2015

The 3.6 release is drawing nearer, but the release notes could still
use a lot of improvement:

LLVM: https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/release_36/docs/ReleaseNotes.rst
Clang: https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/blob/release_36/docs/ReleaseNotes.rst

The good news is that they can be updated all the way up until
release. If you have a patch for the release notes, commit it directly
to the branch, or send it to me and I'll commit it for you. It doesn't
even have to be a patch proper, just send me some text!

I've been going through Alex's excellent weekly news
(http://llvmweekly.org) to figure out what changed.

Here's a list of things that might be worth mentioning in the notes:

LLVM:
- the assume intrinsic
- scoped noalias metadata
- the old JIT being removed
- kaleidoscope debug info chapter
- TargetMachine/TargetSubtargetInfo API changes
- AArch64 FastISel improvements
- the new CFL alias analysis
- the new vector shuffle lowering
- Go bindings