[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] [3.6 Release] RC3 has been tagged

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 18 14:17:07 PST 2015

On 18 February 2015 at 15:46, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 18 February 2015 at 20:41, David Chisnall
> <David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> We do pull in releases, but Dimitry also cherry-picks bug fixes throughout the life of each release.
>
> Do you guys recommend those same fixes for dot-releases? I'd like to
> track and include them.

In the past we did not, but Dimitry started requesting fixes with
3.5.1. As the LLVM release model has been evolving over time, so has
our process for bringing Clang/LLVM/LLDB into FreeBSD. We used to
carry around a large set of both local changes and backported fixes,
but have been working to make that smaller and smaller as we move
forward.

(The 3.5.1 request is here, for interest:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2014-November/079072.html)