[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] [3.6 Release] RC3 has been tagged

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Feb 18 13:57:10 PST 2015

On 18 February 2015 at 21:45, Tom Honermann <thonermann at coverity.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, we don't currently have the resources to do so.  When we
> upgrade, we upgrade to the most recent release and perform testing on top of
> it.

One safe way of doing so, and would help us without adding much
efforts to you guys, would be to do that on every major release (*.0),
report *any* bug, and collect the fixes on the subsequent
dot-releases.

This way, you only upgrade to dot-releases, where the compiler is more
stable and API changes are forbidden. If you mark the most important
bugs from the major tests as critical to the next dot release, the
probability that it'll be fixed and back-ported is very high.

> Having such issues fixed prior
> to the release would be a benefit to us.  We don't expect the releases to be
> perfect.

The proposal above would be a good compromise to both of us. :)

cheers,
--renato