[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] [3.6 Release] RC3 has been tagged

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Feb 18 13:20:01 PST 2015

On 18 February 2015 at 21:03, Jack Howarth
<howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at the Portfile's for the llvm releases at MacPort's, they are
> relying on the standard releases and haven't attempted to back port
> selective patches from upstream. Perhaps they need to start.

Or, perhaps, we should be giving more thought at the release
process... Perhaps we should allow longer release cycles, overlap
releases, etc. But this *will* incur in added complexity.

It seems there is more interest in stable releases today than two
years ago when we barely got enough "votes" to do dot-releases. If
those new users care that much about a stable and non-regressing
release, maybe we ought to get all of you guys on board in the next
release. But that means you will have to actively contribute to fixing
regressions and performance.

All in all, the more testers and fixers, the better the release will
be. But it's not fair to add complexity to the process if not enough
people are willing to put an extra effort.

cheers,
--renato