[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] [3.6 Release] RC3 has been tagged

Tom Honermann thonermann at coverity.com
Wed Feb 18 12:59:15 PST 2015

On 02/18/2015 03:01 PM, Renato Golin wrote:
> So it seems that you're one of the very few people that doesn't use
> ToT. Almost everyone else uses it and the progress of LLVM kind of
> assume you do.

My company also does not use ToT.  Being able to associate a product
with a well-known release is *very* important to us.  It enables
communication with our customers.  It allows us to determine
compatibility between our Clang derived product and other Clang derived
products.  It allows us to easily discuss groups of feature sets.

I personally find it rather crazy that developers are expected to use
ToT (and then determine stability on their own).  Why have an RC series
at all if that is the case?

Tom.