[LLVMdev] is there some canonical way to extend liveness?

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Tue Feb 17 16:42:28 PST 2015

I'm assuming that you're asking this in the context of GC?  Are you
doing conservative stack scanning?

One way you could address this would be to place a gc.statepoint
immediately before the return with the value you need held live
mentioned.  This would also give you a precise stackmap at that location
(for the variables explicitly listed).

Philip