[LLVMdev] Segfault when using llvm-3.6 and OpenGL at the same time on Linux (with mesa, which uses llvm-3.4)

Daniel Albuschat d.albuschat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:19:02 PST 2015

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 10:38:52PM +0100, Daniel Albuschat wrote:
> > tl;dr:
> > Is it a known behaviour that using llvm-3.4 and llvm-3.6 at the same time
> > in the same process (while llvm-3.6 is used from a linked shared library
> > and llvm-3.4 is dlopen'ed - with a strange detail: Especially if
> -rdynamic
> > is used when linking the program).
>
> Are you using builds with or without exceptions? There is a known
> "feature" in libstdc++ that exceptions are unified by class name, not by
> object. That breaks dlopen even if all users have RTLD_LOCAL.

llvm-3.4 is from the official Ubuntu 14.04 repo. llvm-3.6 is from
http://llvm.org/apt.
How do I know / find out, whether they are compiled with or without
exceptions?

My guess is that they are compiled without exceptions, since it is the
default.
My app however, does use exceptions. Is this even possible?

> The second question would be whether any of the DSOs involved for
> LLVM/Clang have different sonames for the different versions.

Clang is not involved here. I am compiling with g++ and does only use llvm,
not Clang.
llvm does use some common libraries like pthreads, dl and ncurses. Are
those related, or do you mean libraries actually involved in code
generation?

Thanks!
Daniel Albuschat