[LLVMdev] [RFC] Progress report on CMake build system's ability to replace autoconf

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 17 09:14:36 PST 2015

On 16 February 2015 at 04:03, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
> +Ed Maste, who maintains FreeBSD's LLDB and probably does not check this
> very often.  I know (or at least am pretty sure) that they are using
> autoconf over there, so he may be aware of other issues.

We generally don't use the autoconf build here. All of my development
against the upstream repository is done with cmake+ninja.

We also have a copy of LLVM+Clang+LLDB in the FreeBSD base system.
That one uses yet another build system - a set of bespoke BSD make
Makefiles. For example, liblldb's Makefile is here:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/lib/clang/liblldb/Makefile In the
case of LLDB I created these mainly by using sed on the CMakeLists.txt
files.

It looks like the FreeBSD LLDB buildbot is using autoconf, but that
should be easily changed.