[LLVMdev] question about DIDescriptor and MDNode

Hui Zhang wayne.huizhang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:57:53 PST 2015

Hello,

I'm a little confused about the relationship between llvm::DIDescriptor and
llvm::MDNode,  I find DIDescriptor has an attribute DbgNode, which is a
MDNode, and they seem to share many similar functions...So I just want to
in what kind of situation should we use one of them against another ?

Another more specific question: is there anyway(some member functions) that
allows me to directly grab the corresponding debug info(metadata) of a
certain item in the module(e.g. a global variable) with a pointer/ref to
that item ?

as an example:
I have llvm::GlobalVariable gv1, I want to get the full debug info of gv1,
how can I do that ?

Thanks !
--
Best regards