[LLVMdev] Handling of KILL instructions.

Vasileios Kalintiris Vasileios.Kalintiris at imgtec.com
Thu Feb 12 02:50:51 PST 2015

> If you start moving instruction around, then I suggest you remove the kill instructions

Thank you Quentin! That was what I intended to do.

> Otherwise, if the liveness gets recomputed later on, you may have bad surprises, same thing with the MachineVerifier.

I suppose another option would be to move in-order both instructions to the target destination. However, I'm not sure if it would be useful at all because we would have to recompute liveness nevertheless. Also, we would violate the semantic notion of what is a delay slot, i.e. we would end up with 2 or more instructions in the delay slot.

-- Vasileios Kalintiris