[LLVMdev] aarch64 status for generating SIMD instructions

Ralph Campbell ralph.campbell at broadcom.com
Mon Feb 9 13:30:15 PST 2015

I'm using Fedora 22 and gcc 4.9.2 to run llvm 3.5.1 on an ARM Juno reference box (cortex A53 & A57).
I tried compiling some simple functions like dot product and axpy() into assembly to see if any of the SIMD instructions were generated (they weren't).
Perhaps I'm missing some compiler flag to enable it.

Does anyone know what the status is for aarch64 generating SIMD instructions?
Anyone coordinating or leading this effort? (if there is one)