[LLVMdev] Is "clang -O1" the same as "clang -O0 + opt -O1"?

Yi-Hong Lyu b95705030 at ntu.edu.tw
Sun Feb 8 18:32:32 PST 2015

Hello,

I encounter a bug that pumped during execution of "clang -O1". However the
bug cannot be reproduced by using "clang -O0 + opt -O1". It seems that
"clang -O1" is not the same as "clang -O0 + opt -O1". According to the
generated LLVM IRs are large, I would like to use bugpoint with "clang -O1"
directly instead of using "clang -O0" first and using bugpoint with "opt
-O1". Could you tell me how I can do this?

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks