[llvm-dev] Line number without -Debug ?

Irini Stavrakantonaki via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 15 02:28:28 PST 2015

Hi Eric and thanks for your answer,

What I mean is that I want to find the number of line on the IR code of
a specific instruction.
I found out that I can use:

         DebugLoc Loc = CurrentInstruction->getDebugLoc();
         unsigned Line = Loc.getLine();

But this works only if DEBUGFLAG is True.
I'd like to be able to get the Line number without being on a 'Debug'
mode. Is this possible?

Thanks again,

-irini

On 15/12/2015 09:37, Eric Christopher wrote:
> Not sure what you mean, but the answer is likely "no" as there's
> nothing for anything to retrieve. Diagnostics inside the compiler can
> usually get it from certain IR constructs that have line information,
> but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.
>
> -eric
>
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 5:54 PM Irini Stavrakantonaki via llvm-dev
>
>     Hi list,
>
>     Is it possible to retrieve the source/IR line number
>     without being on a debug mode?
>
>     Thank you in advance,
>
>     --
>     irini