[llvm-dev] RFC: New function attribute HasInaccessibleState

Joseph Tremoulet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 11 13:35:38 PST 2015

Yeah, I'd agree (rewording slightly) that "state which is only modified by external code" is well-defined (and likely to be in the "other" bucket of any individual analysis).  I do, as other have, find it odd to redefine readonly and argmemonly in terms of this and require its propagation up the call graph, as opposed to introducing new "writes only external" and "writes only arg and external" attributes.

Thanks
-Joseph