[llvm-dev] MISched: latency of function-live-in registers?

Johnson, Nicholas Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 8 12:47:32 PST 2015

I use the machine scheduler with my out-of-tree backend.

Is it possible to tell the machine scheduler that certain function-live-in physical registers (i.e., function arguments) have a non-zero latency?

Said another way, I want to indicate to the scheduler that certain physical registers are not available at the beginning of the function's entry block and that attempting to access those registers will incur a stall.

Thanks,
Nick Johnson
D. E. Shaw Research